GET YOUR START IN TECHGet mentoring, experience, and a network of tech-interested peers and friends through weekly meetings and special events. After being a member of the innovative network, ¡Valle!, you will:
- learn a new coding skill with Google Earth Engine
- visualize your career pathways
- increase your confidence and sense of belonging in STEM
- prep application materials for your next adventure
- grow your community and network
- get insights into the many opportunities open to YOU.
- job coaching with a mentor
- networking and etiquette dinner practice
- play with new tools for mapping, data management, and more
- get insights on applications
- connect to CalBridge and other programs
¡Valle! aims to foster diversity by increasing the accessibility of research experiences, graduate school, and careers in STEM to all students. The program is extended, but not limited to, communities that are typically less represented in the STEM field such as people of color, women, financially disadvantaged students, first-generation college students, and students with disabilities. First and second year students are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race or gender.
It’s never too early to get your start in tech. From Silicon Valley to the Central Valley to Yosemite Valley, ¡Valle! will help you to level up!
The goal of the workshop is to increase confidence and applications to research experiences for undergraduate programs, internships, graduate schools and jobs in STEM.
You’ll be supported by a team of UC Merced and Merced College women in STEM and a larger network of STEMinists.
We’ll have fun activities, like watching STEM films, “Appy Hours”—where we all apply to something new, networking events and socials. You’ll also connect with peers across California and the first class of Valle students.
About The Hosts
Google's mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
CITRIS is committed to transformational experiences for students and training the next generation of leaders in computer science research. We specialize in ag-food-tech, sustainable infrastructures, people and robots, and women in technology.
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.